Do you think that VMK should come back?

• Compact Mode
  • Detailed Mode
    I think that if Disney is able to keep Club Penguin, Pirates of the Carribein online, Pixi Hallow, ToonTown, and The World of Cars up and running, then they should be able to keep VMK up and running. I just don't like the idea that the best site should be shut down.
    YES! Everyone would think so!
    Siggy by yuukun ^-^!
    Oh, totally<33
    I'm 18, I look like I'm 14, and I act like I'm 5 ♥

*Credit to Jazzcat for my siggie ^^^ & avatar :D
    i totally agree! i wish they would bring it back, and at least make it pay to play I:
    ~was iceyyxgirl on vmkm~
    It somewhat depends for me. VMK was a great source of fun and brought the magic from both Walt Disney World and Disneyland back, and I do truly miss it, but opening it up for free again would most likely mean it'll close right back up. As previously stated, if it were pay-to-play, I'd sign up for something like that in a heartbeat. Something perhaps like Toontown, where non-members don't quite get as much as paid members do?

I think it would be interesting, if not wishy-washy. Simply restarting the game as it had been wouldn't really give it any spice.. Maybe if they reopened it with a few changes. But that's always a "what if" situation.

-Thunder
    This world is merciless, and it's also very beautiful.
    It should. It helped me since I was going through alot.
    no.
    this sums up shashshee's life \/\/\/\/
    Bellair wrote:no.

Why do you say no. Like i really wonder on how you think it would would be a bad scenario. Like no hate at all. Haters are horrible people but i was just wondering, you know, ya. oh and ya i want it to come back because i was really little when i played it. :einnocent:
    It's only a dream...
    - throws tantrum - I WANT IT BACK.
    I honestly do, I yearn for VMK the most out of games, I don't know, I think it was the Disney atmosphere and how they nailed the concept themes of the rides and lands, it's a real shame to see something as great as VMK close down shop, but what really grinds my gears is when Sin Episodes was killed off because Ritual entertainment sold off to Mumbojumbo, a publisher of CASUAL games, now that's bad news right there, and now all remaining employees still within Ritual Entertainment are now tasked with creating casual games, I still yearn those 8 episodes, but I know they definitely won't come. :(
    staff
    My vote goes for no. I'll always love VMK, but I believe that its time has passed. Even though it only closed approximately four years ago, technology and Disney employees who are assigned to the DMMOs and such have definitely changed since then. If it were to reopen at some point, I believe that it would be a big disappointment for everyone because the company would obviously make some sort of change(s) to it (such as the addition of certain social network systems *cough* THEY DID THAT TO PIXIE HOLLOW TOO) and complain about how such things aren't "like the old VMK" rather than being grateful that it is up and running (Is this familiar to anyone who is a VMKMagic veteran?).

Either way, I cherish the memories that I had on the DMMO, but I'm willing to accept the fact that one must keep moving forward. :}
    You are your own hero.
    for sure.
    I agree, if VMK opens, then it will be a "Pay For Everything" one. People will gradually stop playing. Like for Cars Online World's for example, what happened to it? None of the players where paying for membership and it had to eventually shut down after something like 10 Months later.
    It had not even lasted an year and I have noticed that most of the surviving games are very not so classic.
    Siggie made by Talented Heather Cedarspeck!
    http://pixiehollow.go.com/pixiepages/7110SunsetLake
    YES! Vmk should totally come back! I live about 1 hour from Disney World and I have a year pass so I go to Disney about 3 times a month. And I can from experience say that vmk was amazing at how realistic it was! Everyone misses it. And Disney knows that too so I don't understand why they can't just keep it up and running? I mean Club penguin and Toontown and pirates of the Carribean are all games geared for ages 6-11. They need a website that's geared towards teens (12-14) and vmk was the perfect solution. SO if they don't bring it back they are going to soon be loosing a lot of people as the children grow up and don't enjoy CP and Toontown anymore. :P
    [urlhttp://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/e/eeyore_emo-12684.jpg][/url]
    It makes me cry thinking of vmk. I want it back so bad...vfk is fun but its NOTHING compared to vmk. YES I WANT IT BACK!! ;(