E-Mail from Disney :D

• Compact Mode
  • Detailed Mode
    Just got this from Disney this week:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.

We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our guests, but unfortunately our decision to close VMK is set. We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model. Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to "keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

-
    Sincerely,

Your friends at VMK

This doesn't say much, but the admittance of exploring a pay-to-play model is interesting. :|

Separately, I'm wondering if VMK could be part of this Disney Infinity thing coming out in a couple weeks... What do you think?
    Not to be rude, but did you even read the message?

We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our guests, but unfortunately our decision to close VMK is set. We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model. Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to "keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
    You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you.
    -The Fault in Our Stars
    I never said that this meant they were re-opening. They're not going to, and I'm sure we all know that. My points were 1) that it was interesting, an 2) that I wonder if Disney Infinity could be related to VMK.
    staff
    For what it's worth, unfortunately, this is the same email that was being sent out 3 years ago when people were asking about the game. It's a bit of a shame that Disney hasn't updated this thing :(. It is somewhat inspiring though. It at least gives me hope that they've not forgotten about us, and have some understanding of the demand for this style of a game.

Disney Infinity looks like it will be a single player non-PC game, so I doubt as though it'll be all that similar to VMK. It looks like it could be a heck of a lot of fun though, so I look forward to playing it.

Thanks for posting this MrDuck :D!
    Signature coming soon!
    staff
    Disney Infinity looks interesting. I'm looking forward to learning more about that next month. As for the response, its unfortunate that they say they are set in their decision. Hopefully they will not completely rule out something like VMK that will thrive in pop culture in the future.
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    I to got this email some time ago when I mentioned it to Disney. xD They have written responses for questions.
    They read messages from the people and then paste in the appropriate paragraph to reply to it.
    I even told them to not do it in an email one time.
    They did do it.

I have Disney Infinity right now.
    It has nothing to do with VMK at all.
    I understand your feeling of loss, so I am providing this link from another forum. You will definitely like this.
    http://beta.myvmk.com/index.php#
    Combat Carl Never Gives Up,
    Combat Carl Finds a Way
    I don't see any new games or anything coming out, though. Just more closing. pixie hollow, the pirate one, and *sniff* Toontown... what happened to the new paths?