Where are my visitor messages?

• Compact Mode
  • Detailed Mode
    staff
    Visitor messages are not available right out of the box with our new forum software. If you remember back to the earlier days of VMKMagic, we were in a similar situation. We will add our own custom version of visitor messages as soon as it's realistic to do so.
    Signature coming soon!
    Okay, will there be a top poster thingie <3 :afro:
    this sums up shashshee's life \/\/\/\/
    Oh okay... That's why I was so confused..

Signature: Me :)
    I hope this new forum software can live up to vBulletin. I'd like to have faith in you guys because you did make VMKMagic, haha.
    VMKMagic Refugee
    staff
    MrBrandon wrote:I hope this new forum software can live up to vBulletin. I'd like to have faith in you guys because you did make VMKMagic, haha.

Well, when we first used vBulletin, we didn't have visitor messages, social groups, etc. A lot of those were added in the past couple years. However, we plan on making these things ourselves, when we redo profile pages.

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    Oh Ok. When I first got on here I was like "WHAT THE HECK?!" But now i cant wait to see this website get better and better :D
    Oh okay. I've been used to having them.
    So do we not have profiles at the moment?
    katastrophe x wrote:So do we not have profiles at the moment?

We have profiles, just not VM boxes. Click on a username and it should take you to their profile.

It's the Circle of Life,
    And it moves us all,
    through despair and hope,
    faith and love,
    until we find our place,
    on the path unwinding.
    staff
    katastrophe x wrote:So do we not have profiles at the moment?

As said by somebody above me, there are profile pages. When you click on a person's username you will be taken to their profile page. However, there is currently no customization of that of VMKMagic and vBulletin sites. This feature did not come with phpBB, so we will be having to make this ourselves. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    This is really confusing. It will definitely take awhile to get used to.
    staff
    Chops wrote:This is really confusing. It will definitely take awhile to get used to.

On that note, please provide suggestions for usability improvements whenever you come across things that need improving. We won't likely be making too many changes to this theme specifically, but any feedback is good feedback when it comes to shaping our future DisneyMMO custom theme :).
    Signature coming soon!
    Along with visitor messages, will we have the opportunity to edit our profile pages with colors, profile pictures, etc?
    staff
    Zarkana wrote:Along with visitor messages, will we have the opportunity to edit our profile pages with colors, profile pictures, etc?

We haven't discussed the profile page redesigns too much, but we want your experience on DisneyMMO to be great. So, we will be strongly considering bringing this feature back when we redo profile pages. I don't know about you, but I miss my Lion King-themed profile page of yellow and gold colors :nodding:

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administration
    How long will it be until VM's are available?
    Will we eventually be able to customize our profile as well?