Where are my visitor messages?

• Compact Mode
  • Detailed Mode
    staff
    Chops wrote:How long will it be until VM's are available?
    Will we eventually be able to customize our profile as well?

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate for these features to be available, sorry!

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    HaveAMagicalDay wrote:

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate for these features to be available, sorry!

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator

So it could be years? :o
    staff
    Chops wrote:
    HaveAMagicalDay wrote:

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator

So it could be years? :o

No, not years, however we do have plans of other things being done as well (such as the homepage and forums). It shouldn't take as long as you think, now that we do not have to divide our attention between VMKMagic and DisneyMMO. However, again, we do not have an estimate, sorry.

Sincerely,
    HAMD
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    staff
    Zarkana wrote:Along with visitor messages, will we have the opportunity to edit our profile pages with colors, profile pictures, etc?

To elaborate on what HAMD said, I'd like to take the customization of visitor messages and take it to an entirely new level. Make the profile pages really minimalistic so that your design can really take over, and almost make the profile page your own website, Tumblr style.

Anyone have any suggestions? What is your ideal profile page?

To put this into perspective, customizing the profile pages is probably about the size of a 1 and 1/2 VMKMagic events. That is, the time investment it would take me to develop 1 and 1/2 VMKMagic events is approximately equivalent to the time investment it would take me to customize profiles. Given that I could normally do an event in about 3 days, that should give you some idea about when we could do this sort of thing. When would you like to see profile pages get attention? Should this happen before other things, like the homepage?
    Signature coming soon!
    Xiris wrote:
    To elaborate on what HAMD said, I'd like to take the customization of visitor messages and take it to an entirely new level. Make the profile pages really minimalistic so that your design can really take over, and almost make the profile page your own website, Tumblr style.

Anyone have any suggestions? What is your ideal profile page?

To put this into perspective, customizing the profile pages is probably about the size of a 1 and 1/2 VMKMagic events. That is, the time investment it would take me to develop 1 and 1/2 VMKMagic events is approximately equivalent to the time investment it would take me to customize profiles. Given that I could normally do an event in about 3 days, that should give you some idea about when we could do this sort of thing. When would you like to see profile pages get attention? Should this happen before other things, like the homepage?

No...not tumblr! :boggled: There's other ways to make profile pages appeal to the social networking crowd. As much as possible, I'd love to stay away from trying to make the forums resemble a social networking site. I think being able to have subdomains for profiles would be awesome! It would be easier to share your profile link with friends instead of the long profile link. And if you were going for the social network feel, that would definitely add to that effort. As for the profile page itself, I think something completely new and unique would be great. I personally don't like any of the social networking site profiles right now, so basing DMMO's profiles off of any other site wouldn't be wise (in my opinion).

Since visitor messaging is a popular way of communication (besides the chatroom), I'd rather see visitor messages get some attention first, then the homepage, and then profile pages. :D
    Personally, I think the homepage and VMs should get equal attention.. If that's possible o_o As for what Zarkana said, while I don't mind the Tumblr direction, I wouldn't particularly choose that. I agree that DMMO shouldn't base their profiles off of other social networking sites.

I do miss my blue theme, though.. :tcry:
    VMKMagic, FaithNTrust-JungleCruise, 2009-2011
    Thanks for the memories!
    staff
    In mentioning Tumblr, I'm referring to the potential for customization, not the functionality. I'm a huge opponent of social networking. You shouldn't expect to see DisneyMMO resemble Tumblr, Facebook, etc. in any remotely major way.

We do however want the site to transcend the normal forum environment, and be something a bit more modern. The discussion are, and will always be, the anchor of our website.
    Signature coming soon!
    I always seem to have high expectations. I have similar ones for this site because of VMKMagic & I really can't wait for new profiles lol.. However I like the Tumblr profile idea.
    Avatar: Chops | Signature: Tumblr
    The only problem with having tumblr like profiles is finding the way to customize it to how you like which can take hours :boggled:
    this sums up shashshee's life \/\/\/\/
    My top priority would be the VM-ing feature, or the home page. Followed by being eligible to customize our profile.
    I cannot wait to see this forum grow and evolve to be as good (or, better) than VMKMagic.

:egoodjob:
    Credit to Chops!
    staff
    Well, since we now have them re-created, I'm just going to unsticky and lock this topic. You can view profile messages on our EOS skin and also create them. Enjoy!