DCP Fall 2013

• Compact Mode
  • Detailed Mode
    Anyone else hoping to apply/get in?
    Does anyone who has already done it have any tips for the interview etc?
    I'm not exactly the most talkative human being, so I'm a little nervous that I won't get in
    :ehelpsign:
    I was accepted for the Spring Advantage 2013 as a QSFB CM! The web interviews weren't bad, they just asked you a lot of questions that you had to rate your likeliness of doing something, like how likely are you to yell at a coworker to motivate them, etc. If you pass the web-based interviews, you schedule a phone interview where you'll actually talk to a representative from the DCP. Your best bet is to be honest, because if you lie you could be placed into something that you don't want, or not be accepted at all. Just be honest and friendly, talk about why you're interested in the program, etc. I'm not very outgoing either, so I just answered the questions that my interviewer asked me, gave examples of my leadership experiences, and said why I wanted to do the DCP. Some people hear back in a couple of days whether or not they got in, and others don't hear anything for months. I was lucky and got my acceptance letter 6 days after my phone interview!

When I was going through the application process I talked to Barbossa a lot, because I remembered from VMKM that he would post about his experiences in the program, etc, so you may want to talk to him as well, but if you have any other questions, send me a message!
    staff
    I can answer any specific questions you may have--PM me if you'd like. In the meantime, this is a good website to browse through: https://disneyprogramsblog.com/ ... This section of the site specifically: https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?cat=65
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    BOOM - pended. :/
    staff
    Pending isn't bad news; I was pending for close to a month before I found out I was accepted. Several of my friends who were accepted were also pended. Good luck!
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    Barbossa wrote:Pending isn't bad news; I was pending for close to a month before I found out I was accepted. Several of my friends who were accepted were also pended. Good luck!

We find out no later than April 19th. This is agony ;-;
    Taylor wrote:
    Barbossa wrote:Pending isn't bad news; I was pending for close to a month before I found out I was accepted. Several of my friends who were accepted were also pended. Good luck!

We find out no later than April 19th. This is agony ;-;

look at it as an "it's not a no" for now. being pended i think just means they want you to know that they haven't forgotten about you so they're trying their best to keep you in the loop.
    staff
    Have you heard anything, Taylor?
    DisneyMMO Administrator
    Rich wrote:Have you heard anything, Taylor?

Other than two reminder emails, nope. Friday will be seven weeks. :edizzy:
    NLIC :'(
    staff
    Sorry to hear, Taylor! Hang in there, something fantastic is going to happen soon enough :).
    Signature coming soon!
    staff
    Everything will be fine! Colleges in general are pretty slow to respond to applications :P